Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I have apparently completely lost track of time here at LRFS. According to Cat, the TA, everyone does. The weeks don’t go from Monday to Friday with weekends off, there’s no TV, no newspapers, and no radio except for the sporadic radio stations between LRFS and wherever we may be headed to. “LRFS” is Lost River Field Station…Field Camp. With all this lost time, I managed to not only not write an entry here but worse…I hadn’t emailed my honey in 5 days. I’ll pay for that…my bad.

Boulder Creek was absolutely beautiful. It will be one of the places on my list to go back to on my own. This next place we are going to will be above the tree line above 10,000 feet. It will have igneous, metamorphic, sedimentary, and glacial deposits. The terrain is supposed to be more rugged than anything we’ve seen so far. Sounds cool to me :)

Next task…email my honey.

Here’s a couple more tips:

  1. Bring bright clothes. It’s easier to see your partner if they are wearing bright clothes and easier for you to be seen. Almost all of my stuff is camouflage or sage colored. That was dumb.
  2. Bring a radio, 2-way walkie-talkie multi channel type. LRFS provides them for teams but if you lose your partner and he has the radio you’re out of luck.
  3. Rechargeable batteries, lots plus a charger. The tents have power so you can charge your stuff I your tents.

No comments: