Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Braised Chicken and Mushrooms in Red Wine Reduction

YAY! I finally achieved another OMFG dinner. Coq au Vin sounded good, but I didn't have time so I threw this together. As usual, my recipes are geared for one.

1 chicken breast pounded thin
2 cups red wine
1 garlic clove
2 T Italian parsley, crushed but NOT chopped
1/2 C sliced baby Bella mushrooms
2 T extra virgin (good Italian) olive oil
2T butter
Kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper

Add wine, garlic clove and parsley to a pot and reduce down to 1 C.
Melt butter in a pan and add olive oil, heat until bubbling

Fry mushrooms in oil and butter for 5-10 minutes. Remove mushrooms from pan with slotted spoon and set aside.

In pan with olive oil, butter and liquid from mushrooms, salt and pepper the chicken breast and fry 5 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other side.

Add wine reduction and mushrooms and braise for 10 minutes.

Done

I served this over steamed fresh spinach. It was tasty :)

No comments: